NCE SUMMER LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS
The National Conference of Executives of The Arc (NCE) is committed to producing and delivering exceptional professional development and networking opportunities for our chapter executives, senior management, and staff, while continuing to prioritize the health and safety of all involved. After consideration of city, state, and federal public health guidelines and current circumstances, plans are for the 2022 NCE Summer Leadership Institute to be held in person in Chicago, Illinois at the Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago.
The Arc continues to actively monitor changing circumstances relating to COVID-19 and updates to the guidelines for health and safety measures from the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of Illinois and the City of Chicago. Please check this page from time to time for any updates or changes.
The Summer Leadership Institute is designed for executives, senior leadership, and management staff, and emerging staff leaders of chapters of The Arc and other disability and nonprofit organizations. As such, we know our attendees are actively involved, day-to-day, managing the risks incident to COVID-19 in their own organizations to protect the health and safety of their staff, participants, volunteers, and other community members, including recognizing the heightened risk of COVID-19 to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and compromised immune systems.
As a matter of both professional responsibility and ethics, we know and expect that attendees will apply the same diligence to considering and deciding whether to attend the NCE Summer Leadership Institute as you would to entry into your chapter’s workplace or chapter-sponsored community events. For the Summer Leadership Institute, we are asking all participants to use self-screening and self-testing to protect yourself and everyone involved. The following precautions should be observed.
Before Traveling to the Summer Leadership Institute
Within 24 hours before traveling to the Summer Leadership Institute, registrants should take an antigen self-test.
- You should not travel to the Summer Leadership Institute if you have a positive test result.
Registrants should also engage in self-screening for COVID-19, to rule out any other circumstances indicating that it would be inadvisable to attend.
- The CDC offers a Coronavirus Self-Checker that is useful for this purpose.
Registrants should also consult and observe the CDC Guidelines for Travel and should not attend the Summer Leadership Institute if the guidelines indicate it is not advisable to do so, including but not limited to:
- If you are sick or have any COVID-19 symptoms
- If you tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days
- You’ve had close contact with a person with COVID-19 and are recommended to quarantine
If you are unable to attend the Summer Leadership Institute due to a positive test result, or the other considerations described above, your registration fee will be eligible for a refund.
After Arrival and While Attending the Event
Honor System: By presenting yourself at the registration counter, you are representing that you have observed the precautions described above. No further documentation is required.
Attendees should engage in self-screening for COVID-19 prior to participating in the Summer Leadership Institute opening general session, to rule out any change in circumstances indicating that it no longer advisable to attend.
- Attendees will be provided with a self-screening checklist and an antigen self-test in your registration packet, for use if needed at any time during the Summer Leadership Institute.
- You should not participate in Summer Leadership Institute sessions if you become sick or test positive at any time while attending.
Participants should operate on the assumption that there are other attendees present who are at heightened risk for severe illness and conduct yourselves accordingly.
- The Arc strongly recommends the indoor use of masks during the Summer Leadership Institute in all sessions and networking space, social distancing whenever possible, and other precautions to minimize risk to yourself and others.
Additional Information and Recommendations
The Arc strongly recommends vaccinations and boosters for eligible individuals to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
Additional information and guidance from the City of Chicago is available below.
- City of Chicago COVID-19 Data
- City of Chicago COVID-19 Managing Your Health
- City of Chicago COVID-19 Latest Guidance
Additional information and guidance from the State of Illinois is available here.
Additional information and guidance from the CDC is available here.